We strive to deliver the best value to our customers and ensure complete satisfaction for all our textbook rentals.
You can return your online books for any reason within our refund period – no questions asked.
Every order is available for express shipping, and return shipping is always free.
You'll be happy with the quality of your books (or we'll ship you another one on our dime).
You can extend your rental up to 14 days – at the same cheap daily rental rate.
If you decide to keep the book it will never cost more than the purchase price.
As always, you have access to over 5 million titles. Plus, you can choose from 5 rental periods, so you only pay for what you’ll use. And if you ever run into trouble, our top-notch U.S. based Customer Service team is ready to help by email, chat or phone.
Supplemental materials are not guaranteed for used textbooks or rentals (access codes, DVDs, workbooks).
Hoteko's Laws: A Manager's Guide to Success, Survival and Sanity in the Federal Government
Hoteko's Laws are Chief Inspector Sarge Hoteko's golden rules on managing in the federal government. He states only 10 percent of those in management make any useful contribution. The remaining 90 percent are along for the free ride - all at taxpayer expense. You'll meet the people he labels: The sandbaggers, the clowns, the wackos, the yes men and the...
Hoteko's Laws are Chief Inspector Sarge Hoteko's golden rules on managing in the federal government. He states only 10 percent of those in management make any useful contribution. The remaining 90 percent are along for the free ride - all at taxpayer expense. You'll meet the people he labels: The sandbaggers, the clowns, the wackos, the yes men and the stargazers. Discover the other myriad impeding factors that face the 10 percenters. Observe how prying reporters, pompous politicians, devious lawyers, power hungry unions and volatile EEO issues can impact a manager's ability to get the job done. Learn the shocking truth behind some talented people who sadly self-destructed. Examine his compelling case that the 10 percenters are better managers than their private industry counterparts. Hoteko's Laws offer a fascinating insight into the inner workings of a federal agency. A unique look at the good, the bad and the funny that run the government. Hoteko throws open the door, takes you behind-the-scenes and tells it like it is. It's informative, often humorous and intriguingly provocative! A must read for students of government, management and human behavior!
WHAT'S BONUS TIME?
Normally, new semester rental orders are exactly 125 days.
With “Bonus Time” you can order early and get a FREE extension until 12/19*.
It’s our little way of rewarding you early renters for planning ahead.
But do hurry. The “Bonus Time” offer runs out on 8/8 (11PM PST).
* It can take up to 24 hours for the extension to appear in your account after you receive your textbooks.
Since launching the first textbook rental site in 2006, BookRenter has never wavered from our mission to make education more affordable for all students. Every day, we focus on delivering students the best prices, the most flexible options, and the best service on earth. On March 13, 2012 BookRenter.com, Inc. formally changed its name to Rafter, Inc. We are still the same company and the same people, only our corporate name has changed.